**Job Description** GRC Engineer – Infrastructure & Security Services A GRC Engineer has a passion for driving compliance and reducing
GRC Engineer – Infrastructure & Security Services
A GRC Engineer has a passion for driving compliance and reducing risk within the organization. Come join the technology GRC team and help us build out our GRC platform to best serve our customers within Nordstrom. Here you’ll have an opportunity to interact with stakeholders across all aspects of the business, help drive compliance requirements as well as reduce our overall risk.
• Champion & build connections between the GRC platform and other systems enabling the business to make better decisions with improved data.
• Meet with internal customers to understand requirements and build upon those requirements
• Build automation and integration with other products via multiple solutions such as API, file transfer
• Help drive a common technology model to ensure cross enterprise functionality
• Represent the GRC team to our internal customer base. Nordstrom is customer service driven and the GRC team takes this principle seriously.
• Demonstrate a passion and commitment towards learning public and hybrid cloud technologies at enterprise scale.
• Continuous learning and seeking to understand
Discipline Specific Competencies
• Deep understanding of API’s and integrating systems to share data while understanding when to use what form of connection.
• Ability to take on responsibilities including learning and building within other GRC systems.
• Ability to deal with change ranging from scope of work and requirements as the business needs adjust
• An understanding of cyber security principles and demonstrated experience developing technical solutions
• Must possess experience with building partnerships across multiple business units and executing effectively
• Must possess strong consulting, documentation and presentation skills
• A strong understanding of the following disciplines is recommended: Windows, SQL, Linux, VMware or other virtualization/database platform, Chef or similar technology, DNS, and scripting languages such as Python, Bash, or PowerShell.
• Understanding of software development methodologies and practices, including agile development, continuous integration and continuous delivery.
• Experience with Amazon Web Services, Azure or Google Cloud is desired but not required.
• General awesomeness, positive can-do attitude and passion trump all other requirements.
• Follows through on commitments and obligations and uses company resources wisely
• Understands overall business objectives and priorities and how efforts align
• Collaborates, influences and builds consensus through relationships and listening
• Solves problems by incorporating data into decision making
• Focuses on solutions and identifies and removes barriers to problem solving
• Adapt to changing situations and expectations and demonstrate ability to solve problems
• You contribute to Nordstrom’s success by focusing on continuously improving how we manage public cloud services and the on-premises infrastructure that brings it together.
• Strong sense of ownership, urgency, and drive
• You thrive in an environment where each individual is focused on a common goal, where collaboration is favored over competition.
• This role requires a mixture of consulting, customer service, engineering, and support work.
• We would love to hear about it if you contribute to open source, write a blog, or otherwise participate in the technical community.
**We’ve got you covered…**
Our employees are our most important asset and that’s reflected in our benefits. Nordstrom is proud to offer a variety of benefits to support employees and their families, including:
+ Medical/Vision, Dental, Retirement and Paid Time Away
+ Life Insurance and Disability
+ Merchandise Discount and EAP Resources
A few more important points…
The job posting highlights the most critical responsibilities and requirements of the job. It’s not all-inclusive. There may be additional duties, responsibilities and qualifications for this job.
Nordstrom will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with all legal requirements.
Applicants with disabilities who require assistance or accommodation should contact the nearest Nordstrom location, which can be identified at www.nordstrom.com at http://www.nordstrom.com/ .
© 2020 Nordstrom, Inc.
Current Nordstrom employees: To apply, log into Workday, click the Careers button and then click Find Jobs.
We’re a fast-moving fashion company that empowers our people to be innovative, creative and always focused on providing the best service to our customers. The retail industry is rapidly changing, and we have interesting, complex problems to solve every day – from developing cutting-edge technology and opening new stores, to designing fresh, must-have fashion.
Whether you’re a genius engineer, a phenomenal salesperson or a supply chain guru, we invite you to bring your unique talents and join our team. We’ve been on the Fortune™ 100 Best Places to Work list for more than 20 years because we reward great work, promote from within and celebrate diversity.
Our values are the core of who we are. They inspire our employees, delight our customers and bring our business to life every day.
We strive to know our customers better than anyone else. We listen, anticipate, build trust and move with speed to deliver on their needs.
**OWNERS AT HEART**
We treat every interaction as an opportunity to make an impact and deliver excellence.
**CURIOUS AND EVER CHANGING**
We approach problems with curiosity and create solutions. We unlock potential to be bold, think big and inspire innovation.
**HERE TO WIN**
We’re committed to delivering results, both today and tomorrow. We win as a team by supporting and challenging one another to be better every day.
**WE EXTEND OURSELVES**
We treat each other with respect and kindness. We do the small things that make a big difference. We create a welcoming environment, helping people feel connected, valued and part of one community.
Come on! Join us!