**Job Description** The Loss Prevention Investigator will be responsible for supporting all loss prevention, safety and security initiatives de
The Loss Prevention Investigator will be responsible for supporting all loss prevention, safety and security initiatives designed to safeguard company assets which include the property, building, fixtures, equipment, merchandise, supplies, money and most importantly, our employees. This position will include working various shifts and schedules and will be discussed further during the manager interview.
**A day in the life…**
• Greet and interact with building personnel in a professional and pleasant demeanor and respond with a sense of urgency to incidents relating to loss prevention, safety and security
• Monitor ID badges for entry/exit to the building for all employees, visitors, vendors, temporary employees, contractors, truck drivers, etc.
• Perform warehouse walks of the interior and exterior, thoroughly examining doors, windows, gates and lighting to ensure proper function and physical security standards are met
• Reduce and control pilferage through training, education, audits and surveillance activities
• Educate employees and managers on shrinkage indicators through shrinkage awareness meetings and successful and timely completion of assigned online LP training programs
• Initiate and conduct investigation of shrinkage and follow through on resolutions
• Prove a strong bottom-line orientation through ability to identify and evaluate potential loss situations and resolve cases in a timely manner
• Prepare thorough and accurate documentation to support determinate action
• Assess and assist in emergency situations
• Maintain a high level of confidentiality
• Support and contribute to the Supply Chain network priorities of ‘Safety, Team, Results’
**You own this if you have…**
• 2+ years’ experience in loss prevention or investigations
• A calm head when dealing with safety issues; able to effectively respond and resolve safety issues
• Accountability, initiative and a high level of ownership
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Proven ability to communicate effectively and develop relationships with various business partners remotely and in person
• Flexibility in scheduling to support team objectives, investigations and workload
• No immediate family members or significant others currently working in the Fulfillment Center
**We’ve got you covered…**
Our employees are our most important asset and that’s reflected in our benefits. Nordstrom is proud to offer a variety of benefits to support employees and their families, including:
+ Medical/Vision, Dental, Retirement and Paid Time Away
+ Life Insurance and Disability
+ Merchandise Discount and EAP Resources
A few more important points…
The job posting highlights the most critical responsibilities and requirements of the job. It’s not all-inclusive. There may be additional duties, responsibilities and qualifications for this job.
Nordstrom will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with all legal requirements.
Applicants with disabilities who require assistance or accommodation should contact the nearest Nordstrom location, which can be identified at www.nordstrom.com .
© 2020 Nordstrom, Inc.
Current Nordstrom employees: To apply, log into Workday, click the Careers button and then click Find Jobs.
We’re a fast-moving fashion company that empowers our people to be innovative, creative and always focused on providing the best service to our customers. The retail industry is rapidly changing, and we have interesting, complex problems to solve every day – from developing cutting-edge technology and opening new stores, to designing fresh, must-have fashion.
Whether you’re a genius engineer, a phenomenal salesperson or a supply chain guru, we invite you to bring your unique talents and join our team. We’ve been on the Fortune™ 100 Best Places to Work list for more than 20 years because we reward great work, promote from within and celebrate diversity.
Our values are the core of who we are. They inspire our employees, delight our customers and bring our business to life every day.
We strive to know our customers better than anyone else. We listen, anticipate, build trust and move with speed to deliver on their needs.
**OWNERS AT HEART**
We treat every interaction as an opportunity to make an impact and deliver excellence.
**CURIOUS AND EVER CHANGING**
We approach problems with curiosity and create solutions. We unlock potential to be bold, think big and inspire innovation.
**HERE TO WIN**
We’re committed to delivering results, both today and tomorrow. We win as a team by supporting and challenging one another to be better every day.
**WE EXTEND OURSELVES**
We treat each other with respect and kindness. We do the small things that make a big difference. We create a welcoming environment, helping people feel connected, valued and part of one community.
Come on! Join us!
To apply for this job please visit de.jobsyn.org.