**Job Description** Our Distribution Centers play a critical role in helping us maintain our reputation as a fashion and service leader.
Our Distribution Centers play a critical role in helping us maintain our reputation as a fashion and service leader.
Our centers serve as hubs from which the latest, most sought after merchandise is sent directly to our stores – and to our
customers. When you join our team, you are welcomed into a family dedicated to supporting our salespeople, our stores
and our customers.
A day in the life…
The ideal employee acts independently under general direction, uses good judgment in all decisions and actions
and is committed to providing outstanding customer service every day.
The Safety & Health Technician is responsible for executing and maintaining Nordstrom’s safety programs, leading safety
training, conducting risk assessments and able to provide potential solutions, coordinating employee injury and prevention
activities with management and partners, and supporting emergency preparedness within their assigned distribution or fulfillment center.
· Coordinates the Occupational Health and Safety programs and ensures compliance with all state and federal guidelines in accordance with OSHA
· Promote a culture of health and safety, through; proactive behavior based observations ,
· Conducts/ validates safety inspections and risk assessments with the building manager and/or department managers to identify
potential hazards and recommend or educate mitigation solutions.
· Provide/ Support new-hire and safety training, manager training, as well as Powered equipment training.
Well versed in conducting injury investigations, 5 Why/ root cause analysis process.
· Complete monthly, quarterly, and annual injury trend analysis reports for the Warehouse Management Team.
Track progress and maintain records of all safety activities.
· Participate in and contribute to the development or annual review of Nordstrom’s safety programs.
· Attend and participate in scheduling, manager, and safety committee meeting, OSHA inspections, and annual FM Global property insurance inspections.
You own this if you have…
· OSHA 511 certification, or at least one year of general industry safety experience
· Bachelor’s Degree in Safety or Occupational Safety and Health, or equivalent preferred
· Warehouse/production experience preferred
· Willing and able to learn and perform Basic First Aid/CPR/AED
· Proficient in Microsoft Office applications
· Superior customer service attitude, high level of
professionalism and effective interpersonal skills
· Must possess a strong sense of confidentiality and utilize good judgment
· Ability to work with little direction; resourceful with good problem solving skills
· Team player
· Excellent written/oral communication skills
· Flexible with scheduling
· Work well under stress
We’ve got you covered…
We offer a comprehensive benefits package that
includes medical, vision and dental coverage, a fabulous
merchandise discount, an employer-matched 401(k) plan, a
profit-sharing plan and much more.
We are an equal opportunity employer committed to
providing a diverse environment.
This job description is intended to describe the general
nature of the work employees can expect within
this particular job classification. It is certainly not a
comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and
qualifications required for this job.
**We’ve got you covered…**
Our employees are our most important asset and that’s reflected in our benefits. Nordstrom is proud to offer a variety of benefits to support employees and their families, including:
+ Medical/Vision, Dental, Retirement and Paid Time Away
+ Life Insurance and Disability
+ Merchandise Discount and EAP Resources
A few more important points…
The job posting highlights the most critical responsibilities and requirements of the job. It’s not all-inclusive. There may be additional duties, responsibilities and qualifications for this job.
Nordstrom will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with all legal requirements.
Applicants with disabilities who require assistance or accommodation should contact the nearest Nordstrom location, which can be identified at www.nordstrom.com at http://www.nordstrom.com/ .
© 2020 Nordstrom, Inc.
Current Nordstrom employees: To apply, log into Workday, click the Careers button and then click Find Jobs.
We’re a fast-moving fashion company that empowers our people to be innovative, creative and always focused on providing the best service to our customers. The retail industry is rapidly changing, and we have interesting, complex problems to solve every day – from developing cutting-edge technology and opening new stores, to designing fresh, must-have fashion.
Whether you’re a genius engineer, a phenomenal salesperson or a supply chain guru, we invite you to bring your unique talents and join our team. We’ve been on the Fortune™ 100 Best Places to Work list for more than 20 years because we reward great work, promote from within and celebrate diversity.
Our values are the core of who we are. They inspire our employees, delight our customers and bring our business to life every day.
We strive to know our customers better than anyone else. We listen, anticipate, build trust and move with speed to deliver on their needs.
**OWNERS AT HEART**
We treat every interaction as an opportunity to make an impact and deliver excellence.
**CURIOUS AND EVER CHANGING**
We approach problems with curiosity and create solutions. We unlock potential to be bold, think big and inspire innovation.
**HERE TO WIN**
We’re committed to delivering results, both today and tomorrow. We win as a team by supporting and challenging one another to be better every day.
**WE EXTEND OURSELVES**
We treat each other with respect and kindness. We do the small things that make a big difference. We create a welcoming environment, helping people feel connected, valued and part of one community.
Come on! Join us!
To apply for this job please visit de.jobsyn.org.