**Job Description** For over 100 years, Nordstrom has created a reputation of _Legendary Customer Service_ . As a Customer CARE Specialist, yo
For over 100 years, Nordstrom has created a reputation of _Legendary Customer Service_ . As a Customer CARE Specialist, you will be an Ambassador for Nordstrom, handling real-time phone calls, e-mails, and live chats from customers in a virtual environment.
A successful candidate is compassionate, empathetic, enthusiastic, solutions-oriented, and committed to upholding the tradition of Nordstrom’s _Legendary Customer Service._ Our Customer Care Specialists embrace technology and feel confident and comfortable working autonomously in a virtual environment.
**Candidates must reside within the state of Florida** **– other restrictions may apply**
**Hours of Operatio** **n** **:** Nordstrom Customer CARE operates 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
· Multiple shifts (days/times) are available
· 5 days a week, 8-hour shifts (one weekend day, per week required)
· Morning, Daytime, &Afternoon shift availability
· Schedules will be available at time of offer
**Start Dates:** Multiple start dates beginning as early as mid-April 2021
· Monday – Friday 9:00AM CST – 6:00PM CST for first 3 weeks in the role
· Attendance at training is required and training times will align with shift schedules
**Work from Home Subsidy!** $50/month
**Opportunity!** Seasonal employees may have the opportunity to transition to long-term positions or qualify for additional seasonal opportunities based on performance and business need
**A day in the life…**
· Consistently deliver Nordstrom’s legendary customer service by supporting our customers via phone, chat and/or email
· Work in a fast-paced environment, answering inquiries, troubleshooting and resolving concerns, and connecting our customers with the products and services that create loyal Nordstrom customers
· Interact with customers while simultaneously pulling up and reviewing their information, navigating multiple systems for resolution, and creating case notes with each call
· Achieve and maintain performance measures with an emphasis on customer satisfaction, quality, reliability, and attention to detail
· Engage and collaborate with team members virtually inclusive of team and recognition meetings
**You own this if you have…**
· Passion for providing excellent customer service
· A talent for critical thinking and problem solving
· The ability to multi-task at a high level and manage time effectively
· Great verbal and written communication along with active listening skills
· A high level of self-motivation, the ability to work autonomously with minimal supervision in a virtual environment
· Strong professional and personal accountability – both are critical to your success in a virtual environment
· Demonstrated computer experience and technical troubleshooting acumen, as well as the ability to navigate through multiple systems at once with dual monitors
· The ability to work an 8-hour shift _and_ set schedule, with required overtime as business needs require
· A quiet, distraction free, secure home workspace
· 6+ months experience within a customer service facing environment required
· The ability to obtain the following technical requirements **prior** to start date – which is a week prior to training
+ Two (2) 19-inch or greater monitors with built in DVI and/or Display Port connections
+ USB mouse and USB ergonomic keyboard
+ Headset/Mic combination – USB connected – must be one of the following:
+ Plantronics Audio 478 Stereo USB Headset
+ Koss CS95
+ Logitech H390
+ Logitech H540
+ Webcam – must be the following: Logitech c920 HD pro
+ Wired, high speed Internet (No Satellite Internet) High: Minimum download speed 15 MB and Minimum upload speed 2 MB/s
+ Modem or Router w/ Ethernet Port – Thin client must connect directly and will not support wireless internet connection (Wi-Fi)
**We’ve got you covered…**
Our employees are our most important asset and that’s reflected in our benefits. Nordstrom is proud to offer a variety of benefits to support employees and their families, including:
+ Medical/Vision, Dental, Retirement and Paid Time Away
+ Life Insurance and Disability
+ Merchandise Discount and EAP Resources
A few more important points…
The job posting highlights the most critical responsibilities and requirements of the job. It’s not all-inclusive. There may be additional duties, responsibilities and qualifications for this job.
Nordstrom will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with all legal requirements.
Applicants with disabilities who require assistance or accommodation should contact the nearest Nordstrom location, which can be identified at www.nordstrom.com .
© 2020 Nordstrom, Inc.
Current Nordstrom employees: To apply, log into Workday, click the Careers button and then click Find Jobs.
We’re a fast-moving fashion company that empowers our people to be innovative, creative and always focused on providing the best service to our customers. The retail industry is rapidly changing, and we have interesting, complex problems to solve every day – from developing cutting-edge technology and opening new stores, to designing fresh, must-have fashion.
Whether you’re a genius engineer, a phenomenal salesperson or a supply chain guru, we invite you to bring your unique talents and join our team. We’ve been on the Fortune™ 100 Best Places to Work list for more than 20 years because we reward great work, promote from within and celebrate diversity.
Our values are the core of who we are. They inspire our employees, delight our customers and bring our business to life every day.
We strive to know our customers better than anyone else. We listen, anticipate, build trust and move with speed to deliver on their needs.
**OWNERS AT HEART**
We treat every interaction as an opportunity to make an impact and deliver excellence.
**CURIOUS AND EVER CHANGING**
We approach problems with curiosity and create solutions. We unlock potential to be bold, think big and inspire innovation.
**HERE TO WIN**
We’re committed to delivering results, both today and tomorrow. We win as a team by supporting and challenging one another to be better every day.
**WE EXTEND OURSELVES**
We treat each other with respect and kindness. We do the small things that make a big difference. We create a welcoming environment, helping people feel connected, valued and part of one community.
Come on! Join us!
To apply for this job please visit de.jobsyn.org.