**Job Description** The ideal Transportation Analyst is motivated, results-oriented and committed to providing outstanding customer service eve
The ideal Transportation Analyst is motivated, results-oriented and committed to providing outstanding customer service every day. This position is responsible for managing transportation carrier implementation & performance, serving as an escalation point, and supporting continuous improvement initiatives. moves from Nordstrom locations to other Nordstrom Locations.
**A day in the life…**
• Manage Nordstrom domestic transportation carrier performance
• Partner with Procurement teams to support contracting activities
• Plan & Execute booking of Inbound Shipments in Transportation Management System
• Implement new carriers, processes, and tools to support continuous improvement initiatives
• Identify, document and propose cost reductions through analysis of current spend, shipment profile and a detailed understanding of logistics provider pricing and methodology
• Creation and review of monthly & quarterly carrier scorecards.
• Work closely with Nordstrom FC’s/DC’s inbound and outbound departments.
• Work closely with fellow Transportation Department Analyst to maximize efficiencies and cost savings.
• Work with Corporate Logistics groups to create and maintain reporting that suitably measures key business components including freight cost, on-time performance, and overall carrier performance.
**You own this if you have…**
• Experience managing one or more of the following modes of transportation:
+ o Full Truck Load (FTL)
+ o Less Than Truckload (LTL)
+ o Dedicated / Fleet
+ o Consolidation / Cross-Dock
• Experience working with a Transportation Management System
• Excellent Communication Skills (i.e., written, verbal)
• Comfortable in a fast pace collaborative work environment.
• College Degree in Supply Chain/Transportation preferred
• 2+ years’ work experience in a transportation/supply chain environment
• Advanced Excel and/or Tableau skills, with an ability to manipulate large quantities of data.
• PC knowledge, including Microsoft Office applications.
• Ability to travel up to 10% annually (1-2 possible trips/year)
**We’ve got you covered…**
Our employees are our most important asset and that’s reflected in our benefits. Nordstrom is proud to offer a variety of benefits to support employees and their families, including:
+ Medical/Vision, Dental, Retirement and Paid Time Away
+ Life Insurance and Disability
+ Merchandise Discount and EAP Resources
A few more important points…
The job posting highlights the most critical responsibilities and requirements of the job. It’s not all-inclusive. There may be additional duties, responsibilities and qualifications for this job.
Nordstrom will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with all legal requirements.
Applicants with disabilities who require assistance or accommodation should contact the nearest Nordstrom location, which can be identified at www.nordstrom.com at http://www.nordstrom.com/ .
© 2020 Nordstrom, Inc.
Current Nordstrom employees: To apply, log into Workday, click the Careers button and then click Find Jobs.
We’re a fast-moving fashion company that empowers our people to be innovative, creative and always focused on providing the best service to our customers. The retail industry is rapidly changing, and we have interesting, complex problems to solve every day – from developing cutting-edge technology and opening new stores, to designing fresh, must-have fashion.
Whether you’re a genius engineer, a phenomenal salesperson or a supply chain guru, we invite you to bring your unique talents and join our team. We’ve been on the Fortune™ 100 Best Places to Work list for more than 20 years because we reward great work, promote from within and celebrate diversity.
Our values are the core of who we are. They inspire our employees, delight our customers and bring our business to life every day.
We strive to know our customers better than anyone else. We listen, anticipate, build trust and move with speed to deliver on their needs.
**OWNERS AT HEART**
We treat every interaction as an opportunity to make an impact and deliver excellence.
**CURIOUS AND EVER CHANGING**
We approach problems with curiosity and create solutions. We unlock potential to be bold, think big and inspire innovation.
**HERE TO WIN**
We’re committed to delivering results, both today and tomorrow. We win as a team by supporting and challenging one another to be better every day.
**WE EXTEND OURSELVES**
We treat each other with respect and kindness. We do the small things that make a big difference. We create a welcoming environment, helping people feel connected, valued and part of one community.
Come on! Join us!