**Job Description** The Asset Protection Agent position is a great opportunity to become part of the Nordstrom Supply Chain Asset Protection te
The Asset Protection Agent position is a great opportunity to become part of the Nordstrom Supply Chain Asset Protection team. If you have a passion for customer service, safety, and working in a team environment, where every day brings new challenges, this may be the job for you. Asset Protection Agents are tasked with the important role of keeping the building and employees safe.
**A day in the life…**
• Greet and interact with building personnel in a professional and pleasant demeanor and respond with a sense of urgency to incidents related to loss prevention, safety and security
• Monitor ID badges for entry/exit to the building for all employees, visitors, vendors, temporary employees, contractors, truck drivers, etc.
• Perform visual searches of bags briefcases and other carry-in items for prohibited items
• Use interpersonal skills and directive behaviors, when needed, to ensure the security screening procedures are followed by all individuals
• Assess situations, call for assistance from other loss prevention staff and/or local police when needed, to respond to the requests for first aid
• Prepare and maintain any applicable activity logs
• Perform warehouse walks of the interior and exterior, thoroughly examining doors, window, gates and lighting to ensure proper function and physical security standards are met
• Respond to all building alarms and take appropriate action
• Assess and assist in emergency situations
• Reduce and control pilferage through training, education, audits and surveillance activities • Initiate and conduct investigation of shrinkage and follow through on resolutions
• Assist building manager/manager-in-charge with opening and closing the building, when necessary • Maintain a high level of confidentiality
• Support and contribute to the Supply Chain network priorities of ‘Safety, Team, Results’
You own this if you have…
• 2+ years experience in a customer facing service position
• Experience working in a security/loss prevention role preferred
• A calm head when dealing with safety and security issues; able to effectively respond and resolve safety/security issues
• Accountability, initiative and a high level of ownership
• No immediate family member or significant other currently working at the Fulfillment Center, Contact Center or Studio N
**We’ve got you covered…**
Our employees are our most important asset and that’s reflected in our benefits. Nordstrom is proud to offer a variety of benefits to support employees and their families, including:
+ Medical/Vision, Dental, Retirement and Paid Time Away
+ Life Insurance and Disability
+ Merchandise Discount and EAP Resources
A few more important points…
The job posting highlights the most critical responsibilities and requirements of the job. It’s not all-inclusive. There may be additional duties, responsibilities and qualifications for this job.
The hours and schedule for this position will vary by week depending on business needs and your availability.
Nordstrom will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with all legal requirements.
Applicants with disabilities who require assistance or accommodation should contact the nearest Nordstrom location, which can be identified at www.nordstrom.com .
© 2021 Nordstrom, Inc.
Current Nordstrom employees: To apply, log into Workday, click the Careers button and then click Find Jobs.
We’re a fast-moving fashion company that empowers our people to be innovative, creative and always focused on providing the best service to our customers. The retail industry is rapidly changing, and we have interesting, complex problems to solve every day – from developing cutting-edge technology and opening new stores, to designing fresh, must-have fashion.
Whether you’re a genius engineer, a phenomenal salesperson or a supply chain guru, we invite you to bring your unique talents and join our team. We reward great work, promote from within and celebrate diversity.
Our values are the core of who we are. They inspire our employees, delight our customers and bring our business to life every day.
We strive to know our customers better than anyone else. We listen, anticipate, build trust and move with speed to deliver on their needs.
**OWNERS AT HEART**
We treat every interaction as an opportunity to make an impact and deliver excellence.
**CURIOUS AND EVER CHANGING**
We approach problems with curiosity and create solutions. We unlock potential to be bold, think big and inspire innovation.
**HERE TO WIN**
We’re committed to delivering results, both today and tomorrow. We win as a team by supporting and challenging one another to be better every day.
**WE EXTEND OURSELVES**
We treat each other with respect and kindness. We do the small things that make a big difference. We create a welcoming environment, helping people feel connected, valued and part of one community.
Come on! Join us!
To apply for this job please visit de.jobsyn.org.