**Job Description** The ideal Asset Protection Manager is skilled in time management, has strong verbal and written communication skills, and
The ideal Asset Protection Manager is skilled in time management, has strong verbal and written communication skills, and maintains confidentiality and high ethical standards.
**A day in the life…**
· Assume complete responsibility for building security and safety
· Respond to and report all store security and emergency situations, for example, administer first aid, escort hostile individuals from the store, help lost children, etc.
· Partner with the store manager and other store leaders to educate employees about how to reduce loss of merchandise
· Observe customer behavior for indicators of both internal and external theft, for example, fraudulent check or credit card activity, shoplifting, etc.
· Interview, hire and coach Asset Protection employees to ensure they meet performance standards and expectations
· Review and approve all reports to ensure that Asset Protection incidents and cases are reported properly and document the review of detention room videotapes
**You own this if you have…**
· Proven success in investigative, asset protection and security procedures
· The ability to develop and maintain productive relationships with other employees and leaders
· Strong organizational, delegation and follow-through skills
· The ability to manage competing priorities in a fast-paced environment
· Computer proficiency, including use of monitoring and surveillance technologies
· A comprehensive understanding of both APIS and XBR (preferred)
**We’ve got you covered…**
Our employees are our most important asset and that’s reflected in our benefits. Nordstrom is proud to offer a variety of benefits to support employees and their families, including:
+ Medical/Vision, Dental, Retirement and Paid Time Away
+ Life Insurance and Disability
+ Merchandise Discount and EAP Resources
A few more important points…
The job posting highlights the most critical responsibilities and requirements of the job. It’s not all-inclusive. There may be additional duties, responsibilities and qualifications for this job.
Nordstrom will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with all legal requirements.
Applicants with disabilities who require assistance or accommodation should contact the nearest Nordstrom location, which can be identified at www.nordstrom.com .
© 2021 Nordstrom, Inc.
Current Nordstrom employees: To apply, log into Workday, click the Careers button and then click Find Jobs.
We’re a fast-moving fashion company that empowers our people to be innovative, creative and always focused on providing the best service to our customers. The retail industry is rapidly changing, and we have interesting, complex problems to solve every day – from developing cutting-edge technology and opening new stores, to designing fresh, must-have fashion.
Whether you’re a genius engineer, a phenomenal salesperson or a supply chain guru, we invite you to bring your unique talents and join our team. We reward great work, promote from within and celebrate diversity.
Our values are the core of who we are. They inspire our employees, delight our customers and bring our business to life every day.
We strive to know our customers better than anyone else. We listen, anticipate, build trust and move with speed to deliver on their needs.
**OWNERS AT HEART**
We treat every interaction as an opportunity to make an impact and deliver excellence.
**CURIOUS AND EVER CHANGING**
We approach problems with curiosity and create solutions. We unlock potential to be bold, think big and inspire innovation.
**HERE TO WIN**
We’re committed to delivering results, both today and tomorrow. We win as a team by supporting and challenging one another to be better every day.
**WE EXTEND OURSELVES**
We treat each other with respect and kindness. We do the small things that make a big difference. We create a welcoming environment, helping people feel connected, valued and part of one community.
Come on! Join us!
To apply for this job please visit de.jobsyn.org.