Location: Logan Intl Apt (BOS-TRML)
Additional Locations: None
Requisition ID: 63642
This job will continue to be posted until at least 3/16/23 If interested, please apply prior to this date.
Are you ready to explore a world of possibilities, both at work and during your time off? Join our American Airlines family, and you’ll travel the world, grow your expertise and become the best version of you. As you embark on a new journey, you’ll tackle challenges with flexibility and grace, learning new skills and advancing your career while having the time of your life. Feel free to enrich both your personal and work life and hop on board!
**Why you’ll love this job**
• Responsible for shipping and receiving of Aircraft components, expendable material and aircraft tooling system wide.
• Responsible for being a key reason why friends, family, and customers of American Airlines fly safely and on time.
• There are also opportunities for job growth and advancement, training, and working with many of the industry’s most talented aviation professionals.
**What you’ll do**
The terms and conditions of this position are covered by the Transport Workers Union (TWU) / International Association of Machinists and Aerospace Workers (IAM) – Collective Bargaining Agreement.
• The work of the Material Logistics Specialist classification, depending upon assignment, requisitioning, receiving, storing, stock chasing, disbursing, transferring, counts, kitting, checking, inspecting, exchanging, returning to factory, issuing, shipping, delivering, rearranging stock, non-inventory supplies/stock, equipment, supplies, inventorying, warehousing of supplies, including tools and materials utilized within the Tech Ops department.
• The pickup and delivery of parts and materials to designated locations, the driving of motor vehicles and the operation of Stores equipment. Delivery, transfer, preparing for shipment and receipt of AOG and OTS parts. Receiving and preparing for shipment of parts and materials, including Hazardous Materials.
• Identifying items; lifting, carrying, binning, and pulling items from stock; loading, unloading, packing and unpacking items; and related physical work.
• Maintains inventory within established specifications and in serviceable condition.
• Keeps work and adjacent areas clear. Stores items according to Company, fire, safety, and “good housekeeping” regulations and practices. Cleans and services equipment used to keep it in operating condition and presentable and reports need for repairs.
• Works according to FAA and Company regulations and procedures and instructions from a Crew Chief or supervisor.
• As may apply to work assignment, climbs on ladders, bins, etc., drives or guides powered equipment such as industrial tractors with or without a trailer, fork lift, truck or other Company motorized vehicles in the movement of parts, equipment, tooling, uses hand tools such as but not limited to, power saw, hammer, crow bar, pliers, screwdriver, wrench, where not in conflict with facilities maintenance work; uses industrial scales, uses cleaning equipment such as broom, dust cloth, dust pan, and rags, will use any tools and equipment including automated systems.
• Will communicate with other Company personnel as required in a manner designated by the Company.
**All you’ll need for success**
**Minimum Qualifications- Education & Prior Job Experience**
• High School diploma or GED.
• Valid driver’s license.
• Ability to read, write, fluently speak and understand the English language or language native to geographical location.
• Applicants must have either successfully completed two years (equivalent) of college or have received a certificate from an acceptable trade/technical school or must have twelve (12) or more months of acceptable experience in a general warehouse or similar type supply function involving receiving, shipping and binning material by parts and serial number.
• Successful completion of all required qualifying tests, including hazardous material handling.
• Read and write legibly to complete forms and/or acknowledge messages, as well as identify Company part numbers, invoice, bill of lading, and shipper numbers, as required.
• Ability to distinguish colors.
• Use simple arithmetic (Addition and subtraction of six-digit numbers)
• Must have knowledge of and the ability to use basic computer skills.
• Expected to meet all qualifications as designated in the Material Process Specification Manual (MPSM) and satisfactorily demonstrate qualifications by successfully completing the applicable test(s) prior to the expiration of the probationary period.
• Must be willing to work outdoors in any weather conditions in accordance with Company Safety Guidelines.
• Must be willing to work extra hours when there are operational needs, such as weather delays.
• Ability to work rotating shifts including weekends, holidays, and days off.
• Reports to work on a regular and timely basis.
• Must fulfill FAA criminal background checks to qualify for unescorted access privileges to airport security identification display areas (SIDA).
• Must be able to secure appropriate airport authority and/or US Customs security badges.
• This job is subject to Department of Transportation (DOT) drug and alcohol testing. Your previous employers will be contacted to verify if you had any DOT drug violations and/or refusals to test for drugs or alcohol in the previous two-year period. Your DOT required urine specimen will be tested for the following substances: Cocaine, Marijuana, PCP, Amphetamines, and Opiates.
• Any subsequent relocation expenses are the responsibility of the candidate.
**What you’ll get**
Feel free to take advantage of all that American Airlines has to offer:
+ Travel Perks: Ready to explore the world? You, your family and your friends can reach 365 destinations on more than 6,800 daily flights across our global network.
+ Health Benefits: On day one, you’ll have access to your health, dental, prescription and vision benefits to help you stay well. And that’s just the start, we also offer virtual doctor visits, flexible spending accounts and more.
+ Wellness Programs: We want you to be the best version of yourself – that’s why our wellness programs provide you with all the right tools, resources and support you need.
+ 401(k) Program: Available upon hire and, depending on the workgroup, employer contributions to your 401(k) program are available after one year.
+ Additional Benefits: Other great benefits include our Employee Assistance Program, pet insurance and discounts on hotels, cars, cruises and more
**Feel free to be yourself at American**
From the team members we hire to the customers we serve, inclusion and diversity are the foundation of the dynamic workforce at American Airlines. Our 20+ Employee Business Resource Groups are focused on connecting our team members to our customers, suppliers, communities and shareholders, helping team members reach their full potential and creating an inclusive work environment to meet and exceed the needs of our diverse world.
Are you ready to feel a tremendous sense of pride and satisfaction as you do your part to keep the largest airline in the world running smoothly as we care for people on life’s journey? Feel free to be yourself at American.
Additional Locations: None
Requisition ID: 63642
Discrimination and all unlawful harassment (including sexual harassment) in employment is not tolerated. We encourage success based on our individual merits and abilities without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or employment status. We support and obey laws that prohibit discrimination everywhere we do business. American Airlines, Inc fully considers all qualified applicants including those with a criminal history.
To apply for this job please visit de.jobsyn.org.